Caregiver Support Program
The Caregiver Support Program (CSP) assists family and friends over the age of 18 in caring for their loved one in their home. The focus is to respond to the needs of the caregiver so that they are able to provide the best care possible for their loved one.
All reimbursement is subject to the household income of the caregiver’s loved one. A caregiver will receive a percentage of their qualifying purchases based on the income provided.
There is also an opportunity for an older caregiver relative aged 55 and older to care for grandchildren or other family members who are not their own children under the age of 18.
To complete an assessment to determine the individual’s needs and create a care plan to benefit the caregiver and their loved one; please contact the Allegheny County Area Agency on Aging Senior Line at 412-350-5460 or visit the Allegheny County Caregiver Support (link below) for more information.
- Assessment of caregiver’s and older adult’s needs
- Information on benefits and resources
- Training in caregiving skills
- Respite care
- Access to support groups
- Assistance completing benefits and insurance forms
- Reimbursement of qualifying caregiving expenses
- Professional care management
- Financial reimbursement for qualifying home modifications and adaptive equipment
OPTIONS Care Management
Those who are 60+ are eligible for OPTIONS. They can have some degree of either physical or mental frailty, or they can experience both. An evaluated individual may qualify for an appropriate form of care, ranging from adult day services and respite to basic home support services.
All individuals over the age of 60 qualify for care management and identification of resources.
There is no financial eligibility requirement for OPTIONS based services. However, consumers may be required to make a copayment for services based on income.
Those who meet one or more of the above may be eligible for the OPTIONS Care Program. An evaluated individual may qualify for an appropriate form of care, ranging from adult day services and respite to basic home support services.
Are you concerned that you or a loved one may be a victim of abuse?
LifeSpan can help.
- Investigate elder abuse and neglect in the community, facilities and hospitals.
- Provide assistance to alleviate imminent risk.
- Provide a full evaluation to determine the needs of older adults.
- Retain an older adult’s autonomy throughout the process of investigation, if they are determined to be “of sound mind”.
- Coordinate services with other entities to assist in the long term care of seniors.
Make a Report Now
If you suspect you or a loved one is a victim of abuse, don’t wait. The lines below are available 24/7.