Caregiver Support Program
The Caregiver Support Program (CSP) assists family and friends over the age of 18 in caring for their loved one in their home. The focus is to respond to the needs of the caregiver so that they are able to provide the best care possible for their loved one.
All reimbursement is subject to the household income of the caregiver’s loved one. A caregiver will receive a percentage of their qualifying purchases based on the income provided.
Individuals aged 55 and older, related to the care receiver by
blood, marriage, or adoption, and living in the same residence
may also be eligible for CSP.
To complete an assessment to determine the individual’s needs and create a care plan to benefit the caregiver and their loved one; please contact the Allegheny County Area Agency on Aging Senior Line at 412-350-5460 or visit the Allegheny County Caregiver Support (link below) for more information.
- Assessment of caregiver’s and older adult’s needs
- Information on benefits and resources
- Training in caregiving skills
- Respite care
- Access to support groups
- Assistance completing benefits and insurance forms
- Reimbursement of qualifying caregiving expenses
- Professional care management
- Financial reimbursement for qualifying home modifications and adaptive equipment
OPTIONS Care Management
Those who are 60+ are eligible for OPTIONS. The service supports
consumers and caregivers in achieving and sustaining their
highest possible level of functioning.
An evaluated individual may qualify for an appropriate form of care, ranging from adult day services and respite to basic home support services including Home Delivered Meals.
All individuals age 60 and over, qualify for care management and identification of resources.
There is no financial eligibility requirement to be referred to
OPTIONS; however, consumers may be required to make a
copayment for services based on income.
Those who meet one or more of the above may be eligible for the OPTIONS Care Program. An evaluated individual may qualify for an appropriate form of care, ranging from adult day services and respite to basic home support services including Home Delivered Meals.
Are you concerned that you or a loved one may be a victim of abuse?
LifeSpan can help.
- Investigate elder abuse and neglect in the community, facilities, and hospitals.
- Provide assistance to mitigate imminent risk including providing all necessary resource information.
- Provide a full evaluation to determine the needs of older adults.
- Retain an older adult’s autonomy throughout the process of investigation.
- Investigators collaborate with community organizations, law enforcement, and ambulance services to ensure the safety of older adults.